In this two part article series we will be explaining exactly what dental implants are, how they work, what the procedure entails and why they are the superior solution to replace missing teeth.
Welcome back to the second installment of this two part article series! In our previous post, we explained what dental implants are and how they work. In this article we will be outlining the benefits and advantages of this fantastic teeth replacement technology.
Due to a number of reasons, there will likely come a time when you will have to consider your options for obtaining new teeth. Thankfully, a dentist from Silver Spring MD can offer a comprehensive and long-lasting solution to your oral health woes in the form of dental implants. If you read our first installment you now know what dental implants are and how they work, but why choose them over the option of traditional removable dentures or dental bridges? In truth, the question should be: why would anyone choose removable dentures or bridges over dental implants? Here’s why...
Dental Implants: It’s a Revolutionary Science
Dental implants are considered one of the most important advances to have been made in recent decades. They offer benefits that would leave you guessing as to why you would ever consider another option. Dental implants are virtually impossible to differentiate from natural, healthy teeth and the biological bonds formed between the bone tissue and the titanium dental implant allows the whole structure to stay firmly ‘rooted’ in the jawbone and function like a natural tooth!
Dental Implants: Benefits and Advantages
• Self-standing solution: Because dental implants are freestanding, due to being ‘rooted’ in the bone of the jaw, they do not require support from surrounding teeth and gums like removable dentures and bridges do. This is a massive benefit because as a result they usually don’t rest on and cause irritability and inflammation of the gums. They also don’t typically damage the neighboring teeth.
• Minimum discomfort: The use of sophisticated computer software and 3D virtual imaging allow dentists in Silver Spring MD to insert dental implants at Maryland using as few incisions and stitches as possible. Consequently, post-operative pain is greatly reduced and your recovery period shortened.
• Complete restoration of oral aesthetics: The gaps left by missing teeth are filled by the dental implants, which restore the confidence that naturally comes with having a beautiful smile.
• Natural oral functionality: Dental implants function and feel very much like healthy natural teeth. You can return to your daily life enjoying all the foods that you love as soon as your implants have ‘osseointegrated’ with the jaw.
• Speech: Missing teeth can jeopardize your speech and articulation, as teeth play a vital role in this function. Dental implants effectively help fill the gaps and return correct interaction between the lips, teeth and tongue during speech.
• Lasting solution: Dental implants can last many decades and even a lifetime if they are cared for properly with a good standard of lifelong oral hygiene. Implants are the perfect option for a long-term solution to your missing teeth misery!
Additional benefits include: the promotion of dental stability, functional stimulation and preservation of bone and gum shape.Dentists in Silver Spring MD can help you to feel optimistic and confident as a result of your new, beautifully beaming and healthy smile.